- This event has passed.
Next Generation Networks: The Advent of Open Operating Systems
June 27 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
On June 27th, Bob Quinn, Senior Executive Vice President, AT&T External and Legislative Affairs, hosted a conversation with technology and industry experts regarding the Global Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP), an open source network initiative that will enable software, network, IT and cloud providers and developers to rapidly create next-generation services. The program featured in-depth panel discussions on the Internet of Things (IoT) and how that will benefit from ONAP. Andre Fuetsch, President, AT&T Labs and Chief Technology Officer and Glenn Lurie, President and CEO of AT&T Mobility and Consumer Operations, joined the discussions.
Historical Overview on the Evolution of Software-defined Networking, ECOMP, ONAP and Indigo
- Andre Fuetsch, President, AT&T Labs and Chief Technology Officer
Panel 1: ONAP: What is it and why?
- Moderator: Peter Rysavy, President, Rysavy Research
- Eyal Felstaine, Chief Technology Officer, AMDOCS
- Arpit Joshipura, General Manager, Networking & Orchestration, Linux Foundation
- Sandra Rivera, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Network Platforms Group, Intel
The Connected Lifestyle
- Glenn Lurie, President and CEO of AT&T Mobility and Consumer Operations
Panel 2: What new services, products and applications does the IoT enable and how it will impact consumers & businesses?
- Moderator: Lydia Beyoud, Tech, Media & Telecom Reporter, Event Driven News
- Austin Ashe, Global Product Manager, Intelligent Cities, GE
- Meredith Attwell Baker, President & CEO, CTIA
- Manu Namboodiri, Senior Director Business Development Smart Cities, Delphi
- Michael Zeto, General Manager Smart Cities, AT&T
Panelist biographies are available for download here.
|Date||Event Title||Event Organization|
|December 7, 2017||Chairman's Dinner||FCBA|
|December 11, 2017||Webinar on Courts, Capitol Hill, and FCC||NATOA|
|December 13, 2017||Net Neutrality Repeal?||The Federalist Society|
|December 14, 2017||Open Commission Meeting||FCC|
|January 9-12, 2018||2018 Consumer Electronics Show||Consumer Technology Association|
|January 29, 2018||2018 State of the Net Conference||Advisory Committee to the Congressional Internet Caucus|
|January 30, 2018||Open Commission Meeting||FCC|
|February 22, 2018||Open Commission Meeting||FCC|
|March 22, 2018||Open Commission Meeting||FCC|
|April 17, 2018||Open Commission Meeting||FCC|
|May 10, 2018||Open Commission Meeting||FCC|
|June 7, 2018||Open Commission Meeting||FCC|
|July 10, 2018||Open Commission Meeting||FCC|
|August 2, 2018||Open Commission Meeting||FCC|
|September 26, 2018||Open Commission Meeting||FCC|
|October 23, 2018||Open Commission Meeting||FCC|
|November 15, 2018||Open Commission Meeting||FCC|
|December 12, 2018||Open Commission Meeting||FCC|